Are you guys ready for an easy stir-fried rice recipe?! It can be made in 20 minutes or less, and is super delicious. We’ve eaten it for dinner, lunch, then dinner again.
The first night, I paired it with some carne asada (beef) chunks, sauteed with onions. The next night, I took out some frozen shrimp, and sauteed them with minced garlic and some Cajun seasoning. An easy meal two nights in a row! Or, you can enjoy this delicious recipe by itself.
Keep scrolling for a fantastic recipe that even the faint of heart in the kitchen can master!
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 eggs, whisked
- 1/2 to full bag of frozen veggie mixture (peas, carrots, corn)
- 1 small white onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- salt and pepper
- 4 cups cooked and chilled rice (I prefer short-grain white rice)
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 3-4 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce, or more to taste
- 2 teaspoons oyster sauce (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil or wok oil
- Heat 1/2 tablespoon of butter in a large sauté pan over medium-high heat until melted. Add egg, and cook until scrambled, stirring occasionally. Remove egg, and transfer to a separate plate.
- Add an additional 1 tablespoon butter to the pan and heat until melted. Add frozen veggie mix, garlic, and season with a generous pinch of salt and pepper. Sauté for about 5 minutes or until the onion and carrots are soft. Increase heat to high, add in the remaining 1 1/2 tablespoons of butter, and stir until melted. Immediately add the rice, green onions, soy sauce and oyster sauce (if using), and stir until combined. Continue stirring for an additional 3 minutes to fry the rice. Then add in the eggs and stir to combine. Remove from heat, and stir in the sesame oil until combined.
- Serve immediately, and/or refrigerate in a sealed container for up to 3 days.
Critical: You must use cold rice. So if you’re looking to do this quick and dirty, you can use same day rice, but place it in the freezer for about 20-30 minutes. Do not let it freeze. Otherwise, do use day-old cold rice. Trust me, you don’t want clumpy, sticky fried rice 😉