During the holidays is when I always find myself looking for a new recipe to try. A friend was having a Friendsgiving, and I quickly needed to come up with something to bring. Cue this delightful and simple roasted balsamic new potato ans asparagus recipe.
I just served it up last weekend, and my friend is already begging me hurry up and post it in time for her to make it by Thanksgiving tomorrow. So here I am, and she’s lucky — it really is a pretty easy recipe for how tasty it is!
You guys should know by now that I like to get to the recipe so that you all can get to cooking. I tend to improvise when I cook, and I encourage everyone to do the same. Make it your own. You don’t like salt? Don’t add it. Want to add a kick? Add some red pepper flakes!
FYI, since I took this to a friend’s home, I simply used one of those not-so-fancy disposable roasting tins.
Do enjoy, and don’t forget to leave any comments if you make this awesome roasted potato and asparagus recipe!
1. 1 bag new potatoes (such as Jersey Royal or another small waxy variety), cut into quarters
2. 4 bundles of asparagus tips, cut into 2 inch pieces or halved
3. 3 tbsp olive oil
4. 5 tbsp balsamic vinegar 5. 4-5 Garlic Cloves, minced
6. A generous pinch of salt and pepper
1. Preheat oven to 400F
2. In a large roasting tin, add the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, minced garlic, and salt. Add the potatoes and toss to coat fully before roasting for 30-40 minutes.
3. After 30-40 minutes, add the asparagus with a little extra olive oil & balsamic, if needed. 4. Toss to coat and cook for a further 20-25 minutes.
5. Season with extra balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper. (Your Discretion)
6. Serve and enjoy!