If you’ve ever been to one of my gatherings, you know I love having 1-2 signature cocktails that have been batched. Batching cocktails is a speciality of mine. My bourbon spiked apple cider is certainly one that can easily be batched, but this blog will focus on those moments where you only need to whip up a few cocktails. What I love most about this recipe is that it’s one for both the girls and the boys (and everyone in between).
This cocktail was birthed via my new homemade apple cider recipe. It can be enjoyed both cold and hot, and honors the tastes that remind you of the joy of the holidays & that to get through the joy of the holidays, one might need a little something extra in their cup – other than juice.
- 1 cup of apple cider
- 2 tablespoons of freshly “squeezed” orange juice
- 1 tablespoon of freshly “squeezed” lemon juice
- 2 ounces of bourbon (we enjoy Makers Mark)
- Orange slices and/or apples + cinnamon sticks for garnish
- Brown sugar to rim your glass
- Sphere shaped ice cubs (if ya fancy)
HOW TO MAKE BOURBON SPIKED APPLE CIDER
- Start with my homemade apple cider or simply pick up some quality apple cider from your local grocery store (see notes section below).
- To make the cocktail:
- Rim your glass with brown sugar (optional)
- Add bourbon, orange juice, lemon juice, & apple cider to a shaker with just a bit of ice and shake
- Pour your cocktail into a snifter or old fashion glass (see pics)
- Garnish with an apple slice(s) & a cinnamon stick
- My homemade cider is technically “mulled” with spices. Please be advised that your cocktail will taste best with mulled cider. See my recipe for mulling store-bought cider here.
- You can easily substitute the bourbon for a spiced rum (ex. Captain Morgan)